Week 3 Learning Journal (09/15/2025 - 09/21/2025)
This week was very busy, with many assignments for both CST 300 and CST 349. Even though the workload was heavy, I was able to learn some new and interesting things that made the week worthwhile. One of the main topics I explored was ethics in my future career. I learned how important it is to think critically about ethical issues and how to use ethical frameworks when making arguments about ethics. This made me reflect more seriously about the responsibilities that come with working in computer science, especially in areas like artificial intelligence.
I also feel a little more confident about my future career path. Through these classes, I am beginning to figure out what I need to improve in my study strategy. One change I want to make is finding an appropriate place to study so I can stay more focused. Another area I need to work on is time management, so I can balance all my assignments without feeling overwhelmed. Small improvements in these areas will make a big difference for me moving forward.
At the same time, I gained more knowledge about my major in computer science. It is exciting to realize that I am entering the field at a time when the world is stepping fully into the AI era. For new graduates, this is a huge opportunity to be part of innovative work. I am learning what steps I should take to prepare for a good job in this field. This includes understanding the difference between a portfolio and a resume, practicing technical communication, and building a strong foundation in the engineering core of my studies. Each of these elements will help me become more prepared for the challenges of the industry.
One more thing I have learned this week is Integrity. For me, integrity means making sure that the work I submit is my own and reflects what I have truly learned. It helps me build the problem-solving skills I will need in my future career instead of relying on shortcuts. Integrity also matters for other students because it creates fairness and trust in the program. When everyone commits to honesty, the value of our degrees is protected, and we all benefit from a community where hard work and responsibility are respected.
Overall, Week 3 was challenging but very meaningful. The combination of ethics, technical learning, and career preparation has helped me feel more motivated and focused on what I want to achieve.
Comments
Post a Comment