Week 5 Learning Journal

Part One: Support and Comment on Teammates' Goals 

After reading my classmates’ posts, I can see that each of us has a different approach to reaching our goals. My classmates show a lot of ambition and curiosity, wanting to explore different areas of Computer Science and Software Engineering while also developing leadership skills. I really admire their drive to stay open to new opportunities and experiences.

For me, my approach is a bit more focused. My main goal right now is to do well in my computer science classes and build a strong foundation that will prepare me for graduate school. I know that consistency and effort in my coursework will help me reach my bigger goal of working for one of the big five technology companies. While my classmates aim to explore multiple directions, I am more interested in mastering one clear path and moving forward step by step.

I think both approaches have value. Their openness to change shows flexibility, while my focus gives me direction. In the end, I believe staying consistent and clear about my goals will help me turn my plans into real opportunities.

https://briannaslearningjournalblog.blogspot.com/2025/09/cst-349-week-4-report-september-24-2025.html


https://edlcsonline.blogspot.com/2025/09/week-4-learning-journal-education-goals.html


Part Two: Possible Capstone Ideas

After watching several Capstone presentations, I came up with three possible project ideas that I might consider pursuing at the end of my studies.

  • The first idea is Ez Dash Board. I really like the concept behind it, and I believe it is something I could successfully develop by the time I complete my program. It seems practical and achievable, while also giving me room to apply what I have learned.
  • The second idea is Mirrored Fantasy. I am considering this one because I am a big fan of MOBA games, and creating a project related to that genre would be both exciting and personally meaningful. It would allow me to combine my interest in gaming with my technical skills.
  • The third idea is Stuff Ride. I find this project appealing because it feels realistic and convenient. It focuses on solving everyday problems in a simple and effective way, which makes it both useful and rewarding to work on.
Overall, each of these projects connects to something I am passionate about and would give me the chance to apply my knowledge creatively.

Part Three: Keep Up With Your Learning Journal

This week has been a very exciting and meaningful one for me. The assignments have been helpful and engaging, and reading through many of my classmates’ career goals has inspired me to think more clearly about my own future plans. I also learned a great deal from the Capstone presentations. The ideas, information, and knowledge shared in those projects opened my mind to new possibilities and gave me insights I had never experienced before. Overall, this week has motivated me to keep learning, improving, and preparing for the path ahead.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Learning Journal

Week 2 Learning Journal (09/08/2025 - 09/13/2025)

Week 3 Learning Journal (09/15/2025 - 09/21/2025)