Week 7 Learning Journal

 Part1: 
This week has been both challenging and rewarding. I’m really proud of my team for creating an impressive and well-balanced video on AI ethics. In just eight minutes, we managed to cover all the key concepts clearly and effectively, a result that truly reflects the effort and dedication of Team 8.

My main responsibilities were to create content and design the presentation slides. For research and idea generation, I used ChatGPT, which helped me refine complex topics into concise, understandable points. To design the slides, I worked with Google Slides and experimented with several online themes to make our visuals engaging and professional.


Part 2:

Reflecting on this week’s lecture readings, I watched Hany Farid’s TED Talk “How to Spot Fake AI Photos.” Farid, a digital forensic scientist, explained how generative AI allows anyone to produce incredibly realistic fake images and videos. While image manipulation isn’t new, AI has made it much more sophisticated. Farid emphasized that understanding how AI creates images — by altering pixels in ways that don’t follow real-world geometry or physics — is essential to detecting fake content. This insight helped me better appreciate the ethical challenges of AI and the importance of digital literacy.

As a future software engineer, I also listened to Harvard’s podcast “AI’s Perils and Promises.” It discussed both the risks and benefits of AI, showing how it’s already making a positive impact in fields like healthcare, for example by predicting patient readmissions to reduce hospital visits. The podcast also shared how junior programmers use ChatGPT to better understand and debug their colleagues’ code , something I found particularly relatable and inspiring for my own learning process.

Lastly, I watched a YouTube video on effective presentation skills, which offered useful tips such as reducing bullet points, using clear fonts, and keeping slides visually simple. Although I’ve used PowerPoint since junior high, revisiting these principles reminded me how small design improvements can make a big difference. I now feel more confident about creating professional and engaging presentations, a skill that will surely benefit me in my future career.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Learning Journal

Week 2 Learning Journal (09/08/2025 - 09/13/2025)

Week 3 Learning Journal (09/15/2025 - 09/21/2025)