Wk02 Learning Journal _ CS338

 The first week of CST338 (Week 0) has already gone by, and it has been quite a ride. I thought Java itself would be my biggest challenge, but I was wrong. Labs 1 and 2 gave me more trouble than I expected. Even though I followed every step of Prof.C’s video tutorials, my code just did not run the way it was supposed to. I tried everything I could think of, even asked ChatGPT for help, but it did not really fix the problem.

On the bright side, I actually learned some cool things about Git. I did not run into any major issues with it, and I found it very useful. Version control is something I have always wanted to get better at, and this course has already helped me do that.

Even though it is a four-unit course, it definitely feels like it takes more time than that. Lab00 and Lab01 each took me more than half a day to finish, and the CodingBat exercises were another challenge. Since I am more used to Python, Java feels a bit unfamiliar to me, so it is taking more time to get comfortable with it.

But honestly, even with all the struggles, I am enjoying the process. Every week feels like a new puzzle to solve, and when I finally figure something out, it gives me a great feeling. It is tough, but in a good way. I am looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 Learning Journal

Week 2 Learning Journal (09/08/2025 - 09/13/2025)

Week 3 Learning Journal (09/15/2025 - 09/21/2025)